Modular building construction process is capable of constructing both simple and sophisticated buildings that meet designer and architect demands. The process additionally confirms to all regulatory standards and gives a smooth and polished finish to buildings.
This assembly line manufacturing system affords advantages that you will want to buy into. Renowned corporations have utilized modular construction process for some iconic buildings worldwide. Recent modular buildings have come up as high rises of twenty to thirty story buildings.
Three top pros of modular construction
- Greener Buildings
- Factory production of modules ensures cleaner environments at the construction site. It reduces resource wastage with its built to order system. Moreover it minimizes site disruption during construction.
- Reusable modules are easily dismantled and transported for reuse at other sites. Savings on resources and energy for construction is phenomenal.
- It eliminates trapping of moisture in new buildings as it uses units manufactured from dry material under controlled factory conditions.
- Faster Construction
- Traditional construction is a sequential process. Modular construction permits simultaneous work to be carried out on-site and off-site thereby reducing time of construction. this can save up to 50% of construction time
- There is no stoppage of work due to adverse weather conditions. 60 to 90% of construction work can be completed in factories.
- Efficient Working Model
- Manufacturing of units occurs indoors and in safe areas. This reduces risks of site related accidents. Developers and builders face fewer liabilities due to this safety feature.
- Use of BIM helps assess energy needs and identifies cost efficient methods that can be used.
- Collaboration and integration of systems and workers is made possible.
- Modular construction fits into a variety of designs. It can be used to add on to existing structures as well as to construct new structures.
- Stronger buildings: Modular buildings offer greater resistance to natural forces such as winds and gales. They are safer during earthquakes and other calamities.
- Maximum construction activity is completed off site reducing disruption. This is particularly valuable for construction at busy sites or sites that are highly active.
Permanent Modular Construction (PMC) Modules
This process prefabricates parts of buildings and assembles them on site into integrated structures. They can be delivered with all necessary fixtures and interiors to provide buildings that you can move into immediately after construction is completed.
Re-locatable Buildings (RB)
These are partially or completely fitted buildings that are designed to be reused at different times according to need. These are very convenient for building additional space temporarily. As they are pre-built pieces they can be transported as and when the need arises. They also afford great flexibility of design and specification.
Modular construction benefits all parties. For developers and architects the process offers both financial and quality advantages. For home owners the time saved and the ability to move in to completed homes as well as heat, fire and sound proofing are definite advantages to look forward to.